Courses for Authors of Scientific Articles
Examples of questions covered in the framework of English academic writing courses for authors of scientific papers
- Specifics of the scientific style of communication (register).
- Stylistic features of the English-language scientific text: prepositions, articles, basic sentence structures, noun chains, etc.
- Working with terminology.
- Machine translation and its use in scientific communication.
- Writing an article in the IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion).
- Characteristics and features of texts written within sociological and humanistic fields of knowledge.
- Selecting a title and a list of keywords.
- Writing an abstract for a scientific article.